Swell City Guide is proud to announce that we will be covering the 108 event in San Francisco so stay tuned for updates after the event! Get your tickets here: http://wanderlust.com/events/about-wanderlust-108/
Wanderlust, producer of the largest yoga lifestyle events in the world, reveals the Springtime, North American dates and locations for Wanderlust 108, the world’s first and only “mindful triathlon.” Coming to large public parks in top markets in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Chile, Australia and New Zealand, Wanderlust’s reimagined triathlon consists of a five-kilometer run (or walk), a large-scale, outdoor yoga class and a guided meditation led by the world’s top teachers. Mindful triathletes will also enjoy musical performances from live bands and DJs, acroyoga, hooping and other surprises throughout the day.
In 2015, Wanderlust 108 brought the mindful experience to thousands of participants in 17 cities. After this overwhelmingly positive response, Wanderlust 108 now expands to over 30 cities worldwide. Tickets for the Spring go on sale today. Fall dates and venues will be announced later this year.
In the United States, MC Yogi will be ringleader at all events, and high-energy yoga classes will be taught by a phenomenal array of local talent in each city. Noah Levine or Dave Smith from Against The Stream Meditation Society will lead the meditation portion of the triathlon, while DJ Sol Rising will spin tunes at all events in April; DJ Drez will rock the sweet beats at all triathlons in May.
The Wanderlust 108 schedule for 2016 is below:
- April 2, 2016 - Santiago, CHILE @ Parque Padre Hurtado
- April 9, 2016 - Charlotte, NC @ Romare Bearden Park
- April 10, 2016 - Atlanta, GA @ 4th Ward Park
- April 16, 2016 - Dallas, TX @ Reunion Park
- April 16, 2016 - Sydney, NSW AUSTRALIA @ Bondi Beach
- April 23, 2016 - Mexico City, MEXICO @ Museo del Carcamo de Dolores
- April 24, 2016 - San Francisco, CA @ Lindley Meadow GGP
- April 30, 2016 - Los Angeles, CA @ Santa Monica Pier
- April 30, 2016 - Auckland, NEW ZEALAND @ Western Springs
- May 1, 2016 - Scottsdale, AZ @ Salt River Fields at Talking Stick
- May 7, 2016 - Sacramento, CA @ North Natomas Regional Park
- May 8, 2016 - San Diego, CA @ NTC Park
- May 14, 2016 - Chicago, IL@ Grant Park
- May 14, 2016 - Melbourne, VIC, AUSTRALIA @ Catani Gardens
- May 15, 2016 - Portland, OR @ Laurel Hurst Park
- May 21, 2016 - Kansas City, MO @ Berkley Riverfront Park
- May 22, 2016 - Seattle, WA @ Marymoor Park
Dates and venues for the following cities will be announced in the coming months:
- Brooklyn, NY
- Fort Collins, CO
- Louisville, KY
- Miami, FL
- Nashville, TN
- Philadelphia, PA
- Tampa, FL
- Washington, DC
- Vicente Lopez, ARGENTINA
- Perth, AUSTRALIA
- Monterrey, MEXICO
New for 2016, workshops will be added throughout the day in acroyoga, slacklining, tribal marking and more in addition to our Speakeasy lecture series (Wanderlust’s version of TED talks) that will give everyone a chance to be inspired and perhaps learn something new. The schedule will be paced hang time between the 5K, yoga and meditation sessions. At all Wanderlust 108 events, the Kula Marketplace will offer the finest from local craft vendors, including unique apparel, jewelry, and handcrafted items. This year, it will also include a Kombucha Garden, cafe and juice bar, and a bagged lunch option to keep participants fueled throughout the day.
At each Wanderlust 108 event in the United States, attendees will be nourished by a number of Wanderlust partners, including:
- Kashi believes that eating more plants can be a catalyst for a healthier life – which is why they’ll be sharing a variety of new plant-powered foods with festival attendees in 2016. By curating unique ingredients that simply #GoTogether, Kashi is able to create foods that offer both complete nutrition sources and taste amazing.
- Balancing symbolism with naturally inspired elements, Silver & Sage Jewelry offers individuals a wearable reflection of their spirit and a reminder of their own journey. Bracelets, malas, earrings and necklaces made with silver, gold and natural stones will be available for purchase on-site.
For the complete lineup and ticketing information, please visit http://wanderlust.com/events
For more information about the 108 series please visit: http://wanderlust.com/events/about-wanderlust-108/
Wanderlust Festival, LLC is a producer of large-scale lifestyle festival events focusing on yoga, music and wellness. The company encompasses Wanderlust Festival, the largest multi-day yoga and music festivals in the world; Wanderlust 108, a one-day “mindful triathlon” taking place in urban parks across the US; Wanderlust Yoga, a reimagination of the yoga studio experience; and the Wanderlust Teacher Training, a yoga teacher training program inspired by the Wanderlust festival experience. In 2015, Wanderlust will produce 20 events across the world centered around its core mission: creating community around mindful living. The company was founded in 2009 as a joint venture between Velour Music Group, C3 Presents and Starr Hill Presents. Become a fan of Wanderlust at Facebook www.facebook.com/wanderlust Twitter www.twitter.com/wanderlustfest Instagram http://instagram.com/wanderlustfest