BREADBAR—Los Angeles’ leading bakery-bistro known for its artisanal breads and pastries—offers Angelenos a special selection of wholesome, handcrafted breads to supplement healthy eating resolutions in the New Year. Available at both the West Third Street and Century City locations, customers can select from an assortment of nourishing breads ($4-7 each) made with BREADBAR’s 18th-century baking process—using only flour, water, salt, and an agent of fermentation—throughout the month of January 2011 and beyond, including the bakery-bistro’s signature:
· Redwood Rye Loaf ($4) – Rye is a rich source of fiber and lignans, which are associated with anti-inflammatory effects and heart health
· Whole Wheat Loaf ($5.25) – With unprocessed whole wheat flour, each slice packs fiber, iron, and magnesium to regulate blood sugar and promote fullness
· Buckwheat Loaf ($5.75) – For gluten-intolerant foodies, buckwheat packs eight amino acids and a rich supply of flavonoids in each gluten-free bite
· Cranberry Spice Batard ($6.70) – Studies show that the antioxidant content of cranberries is five times that of broccoli. In addition, a comparison with 19 other common fruits proved that the berry has the maximum amount of antioxidant. This is very important in the treatment of cancer and also helps lower the cholesterol level, to some extent.
· Walnut Raisin Batard ($7) – With Vitamin E-rich walnuts and high-fiber raisins, the handmade loaf provides diners with a naturally sweet and filling base for breakfast or a sandwich
BREADBAR Century City
10250 Santa Monica Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90067
BREADBAR West Third
8718 W. 3rd St.
Los Angeles, CA 90048